AWeber is an email marketing platform. It's used by over 600,000 businesses and organizations to send emails, manage subscribers, and track results.
AWeber offers three different plans: Startup (free), Pro ($19/month), and Agency ($99/month). You can also pay as you go with AWeber On Demand which costs $0.01 per subscriber each month or $0.05 if you pay annually in advance.
Copy.ai is an AI-powered sales copywriting tool that helps you create compelling landing pages and emails that convert more leads into customers by suggesting personalized content based on your audience's interests and buying stage in just minutes!
Step 1: Create AWeber Account
The first step is to sign up for a free trial with AWeber. You can set up your account and see how much it costs to send emails, create landing pages, and more. Once you've signed up for an account, it's time to start building your list!
The next step will be creating a Webber account if you don't already have one (if so, skip this step). This will allow us to access later in this guide when setting up our automation sequences.
Step 2: Connect Your Social Media Accounts
Now that you've installed Webber, it's time to connect your social media accounts.
Start by logging into Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. You can also connect to Instagram, but we'll cover how to use it later in this guide.
Once you're logged in, click on the Webber icon in your browser toolbar and select “Add Social Media Account” from the dropdown menu that appears:
Click on each of these buttons one by one to sign up for a new account or log into an existing one if you already have one set up with AWeber (you do have an AWeber account, don't you?).
Step 3: Create a Lead Magnet
Once you have a list of ideas and a plan for how to create them, it's time to get started.
- Use Copy.ai to generate content ideas
- Create lead magnet
- Design ebook or social media graphic
Step 4: Create a Lead Capture Form
Now that you've set up your landing page, it's time to create a lead capture form. This is part of your website where users can submit their information in exchange for whatever offer you give.
To do this, go back to Webber and follow these steps:
- Select “Lead Capture Forms” from the dropdown menu at the top of your screen.
- Choose whether you want a popup or popunder form (we recommend using popups).
- Add a title for your form, then click “Create New Form.”
- Select an email service provider from AWeber or MailChimp (we recommend AWeber). You'll need an account with one of these companies before continuing; if you are not already signed up with either service provider, create one now! Once logged into AWeber or MailChimp, click on ‘Add New List' from within the My Lists section under the Campaigns tab; then enter the name & description for the new list before saving changes by clicking the Update button at the bottom right corner after entering all required details such as name/description, etc., selecting the type of campaign type, i.e., Lead Magnet Campaigns > select option Send Automated Emails Once Per Day To All Subscribers On Your List > then click Save Changes button located next to Create New Email List button above left sidebar beneath Actions column which will open up another window titled “Create Email Campaign Wizard” where we need only fill out fields marked with a red asterisk (*) symbol next to each field title so that they appear green indicating completion completed.
Step 5: Set Up Your Email Automation Workflow
Now that you've set up your lead generation campaign and collected emails, it's time to convert those leads into customers.
To do this, you need an automated email workflow to send out emails based on specific actions your audience takes while on your website (or social media). The first step is setting up the workflow in AWeber's dashboard.
Go back into Webber and navigate over to Automation > Workflows. Click “Create New Workflow” and then select “Data Source.” Choose one of three options:
- Web Forms (if you're using Copy.ai)
- Email Signup Form (if you have an existing online form) or
- Data Feeds (if there's already data being sent from another system).
Step 6: Promote Your Lead Magnet on Social Media
This is where you'll be able to capture leads and build an email list off social media.
You can promote your lead magnet on social media by:
- Ads. You can run ads on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. You can also use paid search ads on Google AdWords or Bing Ads to target specific audiences with a particular message.
- Partner with other businesses with similar audiences as yours (for example: if you sell weight-loss products for women, partner with gyms that cater to women).
- Influencers with large followings in your niche (for example: if you sell weight-loss products for women, partner with fitness influencers).
- Sharing the lead magnet & lead capture form via social networks such as LinkedIn groups related to the topic of interest from which these leads came so that people interested in learning more about what it takes before making any purchase decision may sign up for updates about future offers/products/services offered by both parties involved in this partnership opportunity; this way everyone wins!
Step 7: Monitor Your Email List Growth
After you've set up your campaigns and sent them out, it's time to monitor the results.
AWeber has a great dashboard that allows you to see how many people are signing up through each channel and how many unsubscribes there are every day. You can also use this feature to track which emails were opened by subscribers and which links they clicked on within those emails.
This information is vital for understanding what's working best for your audience so that you can optimize future campaigns accordingly.
So, what did we learn?
- Social media is a great place to find leads.
- You can use AWeber and Copy.ai to capture those leads and build an email list off social media.