A lead magnet is a free offer to your audience in exchange for their contact information. It's usually something like an ebook, checklist, or cheat sheet that helps them solve a problem.
In this article, I'll show you how we created a lead magnet with Copy.ai and AWeber (our email marketing platform).
Step 1: Brainstorm Ideas for Your Lead Magnet
The first step in creating your lead magnet is brainstorming ideas for what it should be. The best way to do this is by considering what your audience needs and how you can best provide value. You'll also want to think about topics that interest them, so you can ensure that the information in your lead magnet will be relevant.
For example, suppose I was creating a lead magnet on Copy.ai (a topic I know well). In that case, I might consider offering ten tips on how copywriters can use the platform more effectively or even an introduction video showing new users how to get started immediately.
Step 2: Create Your Lead Magnet with Copy.ai
The next step is to create your lead magnet with Copy.ai.
Copy.ai is a tool that allows you to create a landing page, email opt-in form, or sales letter in minutes by simply typing in the text and adding images or videos from your computer or Dropbox account. You can also choose from one of their pre-made templates if you prefer (or even mix and match).
Once you've chosen a template and customized it with your content, it's time for step three!
Step 3: Download Your Lead Magnet as a PDF
Once you've created your lead magnet, it's time to download the PDF version. To do this, go back to Copy.ai and click “Download” in the top right corner of your screen.
Now that you have both HTML and PDF versions of your lead magnet, you can use them however you like!
Step 4: Upload Your Lead Magnet to AWeber
Once you've created your lead magnet, it's time to upload it to AWeber.
- Log into your AWeber account and click on the “Files” tab.
- Upload your lead magnet file by clicking “upload” and selecting the file from your computer.
Step 5: Create an Automation Sequence
Now that you have your lead magnet and landing page, it's time to set up an automation sequence. Go to “Automation” in AWeber and click “Create New.” You will see the following screen:
Here, we will create two separate automation: one for new subscribers and one for existing subscribers who haven't yet downloaded our lead magnet.
Step 6: Promote Your Lead Magnet
You've created your lead magnet; now it's time to promote it.
You'll need to share the link for your new lead magnet on social media and other channels to do this. Copy.ai's built-in sharing tools or AWeber's social media integration features can be used.
- Step 1: Create your lead magnet.
- Step 2: Add it to your AWeber account.
- Step 3: Email your list with a link to the lead magnet, which will prompt them to sign up for it and give you their contact information in return.
The following sources provide information on how to set up a lead magnet with AWeber:
- How do I set up my lead magnet with AWeber?
- How to create a lead magnet in less than a day (that actually … – AWeber
- 25 brilliant lead magnet ideas to grow your email list right now
- Lead Magnet Automated Email Series | AWeber
- How to Set Up and Automate Your Lead Magnet/Giveaway Using Aweber Email …