What is an IRA?
An IRA is a retirement account that allows you to save for your future. You can use your IRA to invest in various assets, including gold and silver bullion, coins, and bars.
The most common type of individual retirement account (IRA) is called a “traditional” or “rollover” IRA. With this type of account, you contribute pre-tax dollars from your paycheck or other sources into an investment vehicle that grows tax-free until withdrawn after age 59 1/2. Roth IRAs also allow contributions made with after-tax dollars but provide tax-free growth and distributions at any age if certain conditions are met.*
The benefits of investing in precious metals through an IRA include:
Can I Own Gold in an IRA?
Gold IRAs are a great way to invest in gold, but they aren't for everyone. Before opening one, you must understand the advantages and disadvantages of investing in precious metals through an IRA.
- You can buy and sell gold without tax consequences until you withdraw funds from your account.
- You can diversify your portfolio by adding other investments besides stocks and bonds.
- Tax Benefits:
- The money that goes into an IRA is not taxed until withdrawn (as long as the withdrawal is made after age 59 1/2). This means that if you make contributions when your income is lower than normal–say during retirement–and then withdraw them later when your income increases again (or if they were inherited), those withdrawals will be taxed at a lower rate because they were made using pre-tax dollars rather than post-tax dollars like most other types of investments would require.*
Why Choose Augusta Precious Metals?
- Expert Advice and Support
- Commitment to Transparency
- Range of Investment Options
Steps to Investing with Augusta Precious Metals
To begin investing with Augusta Precious Metals, choose an account type first. There are two types of accounts: Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) and Joint Retirement Accounts (JRA).
When you open an IRA or JRA with Augusta Precious Metals, they will provide all the information needed to complete the process. You can also find this information on their website at [http://www.augustapreciousmetals.com/investment-accounts]. Once your investment account has been opened, it's time to start investing!
Benefits of Investing with Augusta Precious Metals
- Secure and Diversified Investment Options
- Personalized Guidance
- Ongoing Support
Risks of Investing with Augusta Precious Metals
- Market Volatility. The price of gold and silver is not guaranteed to go up, and they can also fall in value. This means you could lose some or all of your investment if you invest in precious metals.
- Economic Uncertainty. The economy is unpredictable, and it's hard to know what will happen next or when it will happen–but if there were a significant economic downturn or recession (like the one we experienced in 2008), one could expect gold prices would rise as investors seek safe havens for their money during times of uncertainty. This happened during the Great Recession; gold prices rose dramatically between 2008-2011! However, if no such event occurred during those years, then perhaps owning physical assets like bullion wouldn't have been wise at all…
- Tax Implications: You may need to pay taxes on any capital gains from selling bullion held outside an IRA account due to IRS rules regarding collectibles – check with us before making any decisions!
How to Get Started
To get started, you'll need to create an account. You can sign up for one here.
Once you've created your account and logged in, it's time to choose your investment options! There are two main types of IRA investments: physical metals and paper assets like stocks or bonds. The first step is deciding which type of investment best fits your needs and goals–this will help determine which products we offer at Augusta Precious Metals (APM). For example, if you want to invest in gold because its value has historically been stable over time while inflation increases prices of everyday goods such as food and clothing, then buying a physical product like bullion coins may be right for you since they're easy to store at home without taking up much space at all! On the other hand, if instead
- Secure your financial future.
- Protect your wealth.
- Get started with Augusta Precious Metals today!